[Gluster-users] Filled up file system and glusterd not working anymore. To probe or not to probe?

Ilias Chasapakis forumZFD chasapakis at forumZFD.de
Tue Jan 9 16:15:53 UTC 2024

Dear all,

first of all thanks to Stefan (Kania) for the feedback. So detaching the
peer, removing brick and downgrading to replica 2 until you add a new
brick as you would do with any otherwise faulty node.

So here is how we proceeded:

  * check mounts where the faulty (ex-filled-up) node is present and
    remove it from there
  * detach "bad" peer with:  gluster peer detach <your_faulty_gluster_node>
  * remove brick: gluster volume remove-brick <vol> replica 2
    <your_faulty_gluster_node>:<the_brick_path> force

So in our case we are ready to add a new brick to restore our replica 3.

This should be safer (and in the end as simple) than just copying the
missing files probably bringing along meta-data inconsistencies. Which
was also the doubt expressed on this post.

--
forumZFD
Entschieden für Frieden | Committed to Peace

Ilias Chasapakis
Referent IT | IT Consultant

Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. | Forum Civil Peace Service
Am Kölner Brett 8 | 50825 Köln | Germany

Tel 0221 91273243 | Fax 0221 91273299 |http://www.forumZFD.de

Vorstand nach § 26 BGB, einzelvertretungsberechtigt|Executive Board:
Alexander Mauz, Sonja Wiekenberg-Mlalandle, Jens von Bargen
VR 17651 Amtsgericht Köln

Spenden|Donations: IBAN DE90 4306 0967 4103 7264 00   BIC GENODEM1GLS