[Gluster-users] [External] Re: anyone using gluster-block?

Davide Obbi davide.obbi at booking.com
Fri Nov 9 08:35:59 UTC 2018

Hi Vijay,

The Volume has been created using heketi-cli blockvolume create command.
The block config is the config applied by heketi out of the box and in my
case ended up to be:
- 3 nodes each with 1 brick
- the brick is carved from a VG with a single PV
- the PV consists of a 1.2TB SSD, not partitioned and no HW RAID behind
- the volume does not have any custom setting aside what configured in
/etc/glusterfs/group-gluster-block by default
performance.quick-read=off
performance.read-ahead=off
performance.io-cache=off
performance.stat-prefetch=off
performance.open-behind=off
performance.readdir-ahead=off
performance.strict-o-direct=on
network.remote-dio=disable
cluster.eager-lock=enable
cluster.quorum-type=auto
cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm=full
cluster.locking-scheme=granular
cluster.shd-max-threads=8
cluster.shd-wait-qlength=10000
features.shard=on
features.shard-block-size=64MB
user.cifs=off
server.allow-insecure=on
cluster.choose-local=off

Kernel: 3.10.0-862.11.6.el7.x86_64
OS: Centos 7.5.1804
tcmu-runner: 0.2rc4.el7

Each node has 32 cores and 128GB RAM and 10Gb connection.

What i am trying to understand is what should be performance expectations
with gluster-block since i couldnt find many benchmarks online.

Regards
Davide

--
Davide Obbi
System Administrator

Booking.com B.V.
Vijzelstraat 66-80 Amsterdam 1017HL Netherlands
Direct +31207031558
[image: Booking.com] <https://www.booking.com/>
Empowering People to experience the world since 1996
43 languages, 214+ offices worldwide, 141,000+ global destinations, 29
million reported listings
Subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG)