[Gluster-users] can't use sqlite3 on gluster mounted as NFS

Brandon Simmons bsimmons at labarchives.com
Fri Sep 23 17:00:32 UTC 2011

I am able to successfully mount a gluster volume using the NFS client
on my test servers. Simple reading and writing seems to work, but
trying to work with sqlite databases seems to cause the sqlite client
and libraries to freeze. I have to send KILL to stop the process.

Here is an example, server 1 and 2 are clients mounting gluster volume over NFS:

    server1# echo "working" > /mnt/gluster/test_simple
    server2# echo "working" >> /mnt/gluster/test_simple
    server1# cat  /mnt/gluster/test_simple
    working
    working
    server1# sqlite3 /websites/new.sqlite3
    SQLite version 3.6.10
    Enter ".help" for instructions
    Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
    sqlite> create table memos(text, priority INTEGER);
    (...hangs forever, have to detach screen and do kill -9)

the gluster volume was created and NFS-mounted as per the instructions here:

        http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.2_Filesystem_Administration_Guide

If I mount the volume using the nolock option, then things work:

    mount -t nfs -o nolock server:/test-vol /mnt/gluster

So I assume this has something to do with the locking RPC service
stufff, which I don't know much about. Here's output from rpc info:

server#  rpcinfo -p
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper